Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom (because I know you are reading this). You are 50% of my readers!...haha. But that brings me to a good point. Mom's do stuff like that... They read their kids "thoughts on life" and leave comments and take an interest in things that are important to them.

Let me tell you, I have the best Mom in the world (and no, I'm not just saying that because I know you are reading)! My mom is kind, caring, and is constantly going out of the way for me. I've yet to fully understand how much she has done.

Here is a good start-up list:
- she put her plans on hold at the drop of the hat to go job hunting in Texas for me
- she carried a tree to my 2nd grade classroom for our Christmas party
- she took cupcakes to that same classroom for our end of the year party and got told to take them back because my teacher was a little psycho
- she put up with "pre-wakes" for over 10 years
- she was at all my parades and performances when I was in Cherokee-ettes
- she let me drive myself to the store on my 16th b-day after I got my license even though I know she really didn't want me going by myself
- she would always let me drive the green car with the air conditioner and she took Jezebel with no air conditioner even in the heat of the summer
- she helped me sell 600 candy bars so I could go to Baton Rouge in 8th grade
- she always makes phone calls for me when I don't want to
- she made me small pancakes because I just knew they tasted better that big pancakes
- she gave me the curio cabinet even though God knows she earned that!
- she is planning to stay a week with us and help us unpack when we move

This is not an all-inclusive list...There are more things but I just typed them as they came to me. Bottom line is: I love my Mom! She great! Happy Mother's Mom and thank you for all you do for me!!

1 comment:

  1. I"m honored to be one of your best fans. I'm honored that you are my daughter. It is so easy being a good mom when you have a wonderful child. (that is now and grown up to be a beautiful young women). You have always been the best. God has blessed Dad and I. I would do it all over again and not change a thing. Well maybe one thing .... the pancakes Just kidding Love you soooo much!!! always and forever

    ReplyDelete