Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sometimes Less is More

I'm sure we have all heard that at some point in our lives... It could refer to many different things...

Here is how it applies to my life right now: Less Time = More Anxiety

I have officially bid farewell to the second trimester of pregnancy. For the most part, it was pretty wonderful. My nausea went away almost completely by week 18 and I had more energy. Not to mention, it was right smack dab in the middle of the holidays...How perfect was that?!

Well, now it is the third trimester. I really don't feel much different (yet) from the second trimester...EXCEPT for the huge fact that there isn't a fourth trimester. That's right, when this trimester ends, there is gonna be a baby!!

My anxiety comes from the realization that we still have stuff to do... we still have preparations to make... We (or at least, I) don't really feel like I have a clue what to do. I mean, I'm hoping that there is really something to maternal instincts and that they will kick in and I will know exactly what my child needs. Truth be told, I'm kinda gonna rely on the guess and check method...How awful does that sound?!

The nursery is coming along, little by little. Still need to find curtains... And I have a few craft projects to complete before Baby Boy gets here... and that causes some stress but it pales in comparison to my immense fear of giving birth and caring for a child.

So, sometimes less is more... Just my thoughts for today.

1 comment:

  1. "You is kind....you is smart....you is important." ;-) Sorry, that's the first thing that pops in my head when I want to encourage someone now. But its true, You are a kind, intelligent woman, and to our son, you are the most important person in the world.

    I know its a scary thing, sweetheart. I get scared, too. But what I have to rely on is this...God would not have blessed us with Brayson if He thought we couldn't handle it. And as hard as we try, we're going to make mistakes. We just have to trust God that he'll make up for our shortcomings.

    In any case, we'll learn together, and even if we do everything wrong in the book when it comes to parenting, we're going to love Brayson with everything that we are. And ultimately, that's what's important.

    I love you both!! See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete