**I made this post about a month ago, but for some reason it did not get published...so I'm publishing it now...better late than never?**
Well, here it is May and life is looking a lot different than it was this time last month and A WHOLE LOT different than it was last time I posted. Branson has been called to be pastor at a church and we are very excited about that!! I'm so incredibly proud of him and I know he is going to do a great job.
One thing that I can count on is that things will be different. I'm now cautious to automatically assume that just because you are leaving a bad situation that you are going to perfect conditions. No where is going to be perfect so it would not be wise to think that.
I've, of course, heard horror stories about being a minister's wife. I'm trying to balance those thoughts with the knowledge that 1) God has called Branson to be in ministry 2) God has called me to be Branson's wife 3) Therefore, God has called me to be a minister's wife. 4) And I know that if God calls me to do something, He will help me do it!
This last year at work, I have seen how God has carried me (and sometimes He had to carry me out the door, over His shoulders, hog-tied kicking and screaming)...This last year has really taught me a lot and has strengthened my faith more than I could have ever imagined. I got to a point where I HAD to rely on God and now that makes it easier for me to WANT to rely on Him. Maybe that was the point of all that! Who knows?
But over all, I've very excited about what the future holds for me and Branson. Keep us, and the the new church we are at in your prayers! Thanks a bunch!
No comments:
Post a Comment