Ok, so update on my "where, oh where is my permit" situation...
I called the TX BON (Board of Nursing) and after about 45 minutes on hold waiting for the "next available representative" I finally talked to a real person. A person who was not so happy to talk to me, but nevertheless, a real person.
I asked her about the status of my permit to which she replied "Uh, you know we have over 8000 applicants to process, don't you?" I assured her that I understood that they had lots to do, but that I need to have something to tell my employer because I am supposed to report to work on Monday! (But again, praise God that I even have a job to have this problem of "wheres my permit"!)
So the hold up I found out after almost having to beg her to look it up and tell me, is the paper the school was supposed to send in saying that I graduated. I know they sent those in already and so its a waiting game now for it to show up in the BON system.
Today I went in to have my TB test read (No TB!) and I talked to the recruiter who said to report in as if I had my permit already. I also took my picture for my name badge. I'm starting to feel all official like this is really happening and its kinda surreal!! But fun!!
The recruiter said that I have about a week of a grace period before they have to temporarily change my status if my permit does not show up in time. Its a lot of hassle and I don't want to be demoted, even if just for a little time. It will cut my pay in half...But its better than losing my job completely which was what I was initially worried about.
So, all those little puzzle pieces are falling into place. And as an added bonus, my parents are coming up to visit this weekend which I am excited about. I'll post more after the events of this coming week. I'm excited but also very nervous. My first real job!
EDIT:: Parents did not make it up this weekend
EDIT to the EDIT:: Parents DID in fact come visit! It was good seeing them!
It's all working out baby. God is sovereign. I am so proud of you and excited for you and love you so much!!
ReplyDelete{v}B{v}
we wre so glad to make it it was fun. YUM Red Robin
ReplyDelete